I would like to see improvements on the WHMCS IP Monitor.
I saw some websites (i.e.: Softlayer) offer to their customers to get
their server / website monitored by ping method. If the server goes
offline, the customer receive an email. This way, the customer see he's
server is alway up and running, so they can get confident we are
delivering a good quality of web hosting.
We added a similar offer on our website. We saw this was a great way
to increase the value of our hosting packages. We would like to see our
whmcs installation act like a monitoring service for both internal and
external ip / websites with this addon module.
Right now, it's only a configurable option we need to setup manualy. We
are only able to monitor every 5 minutes, and customers have no control
on this feature : they need to open a ticket to request a change. We
are also unable to change the email the customer receive and add more
infos on what to do if they receive this email.
**We would like the ability to :
- modify the email the customer receive if the ip do not respond. The
default template should provide some instructions on what to do if
customer receive this email (i.e.: login to the account, and restart
services, open a ticket, etc...)
- if the customer want to monitor a website instead of an ip, to check
the website adress for content / common error, not only for ping
- ability to decide if we want to check for content only, or only verify
if the server get the ping response on the ip only, or both.
- ability for the customer to decide if they want to receive the alerts by email, sms, or not.
- ability to setup different ping verification intervals : 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, etc...
I invite you to reply to this thread, and tell me if you are interrest into such features!http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?62246-Deliver-monitoring-services-using-WHMCS-IP-Monitor