I think that the current calendar utility is not as usable as a calendar should be,
I will list here few ideas for improvement that will make the calendar something we actually use.
I will try to create a separate feature request for each one (if I can't find a relevant one) - but this will stay as the overall post that will help others to see the full picture so to speak.
1. Each admin should have his own calendar - with the ability to share it between admins (with an option to see your own calendar + select who's calendar you want to see at the same display side by side).
2. There should be an option to schedule events /meetings / add a To-Do item / reminders and tasks - for your self and to invite others - not just admins (also get there approval or not). adding such an item should be directly from the calendar and from [u]within a ticket[/u] (lets say a reminder to call a customer at a specific time). everything should be on a minutes basis (now there is no way to schedule a time for a To-Do item - just a date - [u]this is a problem[/u]).
3.There should be notification and reminders option for each event (Email notification and a popup message)
4.There should be an option to search info within the calendar.
5. There should be a way to drill down (also here) in the calendar widget - lets say we see in the widget that there is a To-Do Items Due today - there should be a way to click it and to see the list of the To-Do Items Due etc.
6. Add to the widget information from the project management addon (now when adding a new Project Tasks - you can see it in the calendar - bit not in the widget.
7. Have the ability to sync the calendar two-ways with CalDAV / gmail calendar - includes sync to a mobile device (i.e. have the ability to see, create etc. your calendar from your iphone).
8.There should be a way to add more free fields that can add more info to an event \ meeting etc (such as address of a meeting etc).
9.There should be a way to connect tickets to a to-do item / events /meetings etc. so one can create such an Item from within the ticket (see #2 above) and to open a to-do item / events /meetings etc and from there to access the ticket.
What else do you think should be added to the calendar utility?
Login to post a comment.
Once an event is set, it should display on calendar at least title of event, for now, this is just a colored box
# 1 is here
#2 is here
# 3 is here
# 4 is here
# 5 is here and also here.
# 6 is here
#7 is here and also here.
# 8 is here
# 9 is here