Now when a ticket with custom field is moved from one department to another departments, the custom field information will be removed if the custom field is not in both departments.
If the same custom field is set up in both this information should travel between with the ticket.
When moving the ticket back it appears the information is also no longer present if it has been moved to a department that did not have that field.
This is a big problem - since now in order to use custom fields we have to add them to all of our departments regardless if this information is relevant or not.
So instead of having difference custom fields for each department each one with the relevant information only - we have a clutter of unnecessary information with a rick of losing data when moving tickets between departments.
Support department with the following custom fields:
1. a specific department custom fields - The reason the client contact us : Upgrade, New install, Error
2. a specific department custom fields - The tickets resolution: Fixed, Bug, Documentation
3. a specific department custom fields - Program version: 1, 2, 3, 4
4. a cross departments custom fields - How did the customer reach us: Email, Phone, Chat, Social Media
Sales department with the following custom fields:
1. a specific department custom fields - The reason the client contact us : New order, Existing order, Presell
2. a specific department custom fields - The tickets resolution: Ordered, Too expensive, Not in stock
3. a cross departments custom fields - How did the customer reach us: Email, Phone, Chat, Social Media
Please note that the The reason the client contact us and the The tickets resolution custom fields have the same name, But holds different department related information.
Now when moving ticket from the support department to the sales department - All the information that is not part of the sales department custom fields will be lost (even when returning the ticket back to the support department). The only way to solve it is by having the exact same custom fields on all the departments - and this is very cumbersome - both in creating the same fields in every department and both in a clutter of unnecessary information in each ticket.
Something like that:
1. The reason the client contact the support department: Upgrade, New install, Error
2. The reason the client contact the customer sales department : New order, Existing order, Presell
3. The reason the client contact the customer billing department : Refund request , invoice copy request, invoice explanation,
4. The reason the client contact the customer service department: Update customer information, send status, Product related question
And this is just for the The reason the client contact us custom fields - there are much more.
To have all this information in every department in every ticket is very cumbersome and clattery.
And again - every change need to be done in such a custom field - should be done separately in each department ...
So this is my feature request:
1. Create 2 types of custom fields:
A) a cross departments custom fields - When creating such a custom field it will be added and usable in every department we have (and also in any new department we will create in the future).
B) a specific department custom fields that will be visible and usable only in this specific department.
2. Moving a ticket between department will not delete the custom fields information.
- If it's a cross departments custom fields the same field and information will be visible on every department
- If it's a specific department custom fields the custom fields will not be visible in another department . instead only the second department specific custom fields and the cross departments custom fields will be visible in this ticket. But when the ticket will be moved back to the first department this department specific custom fields will re appear along with the cross departments custom fields.
To sum it all up:
1. Please add a way to create specific custom fields for each department that will retain the information so it will not get deleted when the ticket is moved to a department with different custom fields (please note that each department can have the same name for a custom field - but it's not necessary the same field).
2. Please create a cross departments custom fields that will be the same in all the departments (similar to this feature request: https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/set-support-ticket-departments-custom-fields-over-several-departments-and-no-just-one-department-at-a-time
We need a way to use the custom fields without losing information when moving the ticket to other departments and also to make sure that some of the fields will be the same across departments.