Configurable "thank you" page / order completed
A configurable, WYSIWYG-editable (like email templates, complete with variables) "thank you" page for completed orders.
This is a good place to:
- -suggest additional products
- -ask customers how did they find us (as per this request: http://requests.whmcs.com/responses/ability-to-have-a-how-did-you-find-us-drop-down)
- -offer additional bonuses or downloads
- -point to some "get started" documents, according to the product they bought
- track conversions
- ... etc.
The idea is to be able to do all this after they have paid, instead of cluttering the checkout process which could cause lost sales.
Some needed/useful variables:
- -product bought
- -amount paid
- -first time customer?
- -how many domains/products do they have?
WHMCS should try to find a way to ensure customers do end at this page after they have paid, everytime they pay and only if the payment is successful, with maybe a built-in delay to allow for delays in backend processing/notifications.
I know "complete.tpl" exists, but my experience is that not every customer ends at that page, depending on the gateway module. It's also used for more than one purpose (customers can arrive to it and not have paid), which can complicate tracking.