The refund functionality in WHMCS 5.3.13 is not on accordance with UK legislation.
When a refund is issued, the system must generate a Credit Note with the following details:
- be headed â€˜credit noteâ€™ or â€˜debit noteâ€™ as appropriate and show clearly all the following details:
- the identifying number and date of issue
- the name, address and registration number of the supplier
- the name and address of the customer
- the reason for its issue - for example, â€˜returned goodsâ€™
- a description which identifies the goods or services for which credit is being claimed or allowed
- the quantity and amount for each description
- the total amount credited, excluding VAT
- the rate and amount of VAT credited
- the number and date of the original VAT invoice - if you cannot do this (for example, because returned goods cannot be identified with a particular invoice), you must be able to satisfy us by other means that you accounted for VAT on the original supply
The current system of issuing a revised invoice contravenes UK VAT legislation and makes WHMCS unusable for UK VAT purposes when it comes to refunds.
The main issue I can see is that currently the date of the refund is not recorded as separate entry, neither is the reason for the refund nor is a unique number applied. The renaming of the document to "Credit Note" should be straight forward.
Issue a credit note for unpaid invoice.
I have an unpaid invoice that i want to cancel, my accountant is telling me that i can't canceled an electronic invoice and that i need to issue a credit note with the exact amount in order to cancel an invoice.This functionality is not something that is currently offered by WHMCS.I'm sure that this is something that every one need and it's defiantly need to be offered by WHMCS.If any one know a temporary salution it will be great, thanks.