Automated Payment Reversal for Skrill Gateway (Moneybookers)
WHMCS 7.2 will bring a Automated Payment Reversal function (seeL https://blog.whmcs.com/?t=128118)
"WHMCS 7.2 introduces new functionality that enables WHMCS to
automatically recognise when a payment is disputed via supported
gateways (PayPal and SlimPay), and take actions based on your desired handling. These actions
- Reverting Next Due Date Increments - The action of paying an
invoice will increment a products next due date by 1 billing cycle term.
When that payment is reversed, the period that payment covered becomes
due again. WHMCS can now automatically update clients products and
services to reflect that, and, in cases where that reversal results in
the product being overdue, it can suspend the product until repayment
has been made.
- Set Invoice to Collections - When an invoice is paid, the
status within WHMCS will change to Paid. Upon the initiation of a
payment dispute, the status can be automatically changed to Collections.
Collections is the status used by invoices in WHMCS for any invoices
where a payment turns out to be fraudulent or disputed, and enables you
to easily filter and identify invoices which have payment collection
- Email Notification - In addition to the above, WHMCS will
also send an admin email notification to you listing the transaction ID
for which a dispute has been initiated, along with the invoice number to
which it related and a direct link to that invoice, giving you quick
and easy access to review the transaction and take any follow up
This request is to add support for the Automated Payment Reversal function to the Skrill (Moneybookers) payment gateway.
Motivation to add this functionality for the Skill payment gateway:
1. Skrill is frequently used in combination with WHMCS, as it's an official WHMCS partner (https://www.whmcs.com/partners/skrill/)
2. Since Skrill supports credit cards payments businesses are exposed to chargebacks.
3. The frequency of chargebacks with Skrill is higher than the frequency of chargebacks with PayPal.